The AeroMobil 4.0 STOL is AeroMobil's final STOL concept before the company moves to designing and building its 5.0 VTOL concept. Bratislava, Slovakia based AeroMobil is also currently testing its 3.0 STOL.
AeroMobil, based in Bratislava, Slovakia
Stage of Development
Aircraft Type: Roadable STOL
Powerplant: Automotive gasoline combustion
Range: 466 miles
Top Speed: 223 mph
Propeller Configuration: 1 rear pusher propeller
Passenger/Payload Capacity: Two-seater
Autonomy Level: Pilot-assistance
Dimensions: 29 ft wingspan, 19 ft length, 4.6 ft height
- Automotive Dimensions – 5.9 m (L), 2.2 m (W), 1.5 m (H)
- Aerospace Dimensions – 5.8 m (L), 8.8 m (WS), 1.4 m (H)
- Max Take Off Weight – 960 kg (useable load 240 kg)
- AeroMobil custom 2.0 l turbo charged 4-cylinder boxer ICE.
- Dedicated electric front wheel drive system incorporating electronic differential.
- Adaptive transmission delivering both road-going functionality and direct drive during the flight.
- Automotive Power – 80 kW (110 BHP) via twin E Motors
- Aerospace Power – 224 kW (300 BHP) via Turbo charged ICE (Euro 6)
- Direct Drive variable pitch propeller (speed 2 400 rpm)
- Overall Power plant weight 110 kg
- Automotive Range (estimated using NEDC cycle) 4.2 l / 100 km
- Aerospace Max Cruise Range ~750 km @ 75 % (1 200 m, ISA)
- Fuel Capacity 90 ltr (95 RON Gasoline)
- Automotive – Top speed 160 kph, 0-100 kph 10 sec.
- Aerospace – Vs / Vc / VD – 112 / 259 / 360 km/h
- MTOW Take Off Distance ground roll / 50 ft – 397 / 595 m
- Airframe Parachute System
- Occupant Restraint Systems – Airbags, Pyrotechnic Load limiting seat belts.
- Integral Carbon Fiber Structure & Occupant cell.
- Autonomous Flight via current autopilot technology (optional)
- Full transformation into flight mode in less than 3 minutes.
- Adaptive Flight control surfaces and vehicle suspension for optimal take-off and landing.
- Advanced controls and avionics in both Fly and Drive mode.
- Automotive: EWVTA / M1 (EU) & 49 CFR 571 (US)
- Aerospace: CS 23 Rev 5/ELA 1 (EU) & 14 CFR 23 Rev 5 (US)
- Wheels Wheel and tyre size front: 165 / 65 / R15 on 15jx6 rim
- Wheel and tyre size rear: 145 / 65 / R15 on 15jx4.5 rim
Our Take on the AeroMobil 4.0 STOL
AeroMobil's 4.0 STOL concept is very defined, as the construction of AeroMobil's website shows. However, no target first flight date has been set yet, and the AeroMobil team is still completing testing of their 3.0 STOL prototype. The company is already accepting orders for the 4.0, and intends on utilizing lessons learned from the 4.0 to roll into their VTOL aircraft, the AeroMobil 5.0. Monitor the developments of the 4.0 STOL for a good measure of how successful the company will be moving forward.
The Latest News from TransportUP
UPS Places Order for BETA Technologies eVTOL, EIS in 2024April 9, 2021
Honeywell To Provide Navigation And Sensor Technology For Pipistrel’s Unmanned Cargo AircraftApril 8, 2021
Korea Publishes New Urban Air Mobility RoadmapApril 4, 2021
Wisk Proceeds with Transport Trial in New ZealandApril 4, 2021
Back to The Hangar